Here is my Saturday offering - I did not take any of these pictures - so I should probably not participate - but hey - I already started.
Vault - noun -
1) a roof in the form of an arch or a series of arches - typical of churches and other large formal buildings
- poetic/literary - a thing resembling an arched roof - esp. the sky - the vault of heaven
- anatomy - the arched roof of a cavity esp. that of a skull : the cranial vault
2) a large room or chamber used for storage, esp. an underground one
- secure room in a bank in which valuables are stored
- chamber beneath a church or in a graveyard used for burials
The big blue vault of the sky - over Montana - Big Sky Country (I have been called Anna Montana once or twice - way before Billy Ray's daughter).
My favorite definition is: anatomy - the arched roof of a cavity, esp. that of the skull- it tickled my funny bone to think of my skull as a cavity. I have been working on my memory - not doing very well with that - and I see there is very little hope for me. So cranial cavity it is.
Vaulted ceiling - in gothic churches across Europe - where I have never been. I studied this architecure in college, but as close as I've ever been to it is google images.
There were lots of these shoes on gooogle images - so I gotta add them.
Pole vaulting - a good way to jump really high (I am not sure how this goes with the vault definitions - but here it is).
Of course, I must add the Hatch from Lost - since it really is a vault.
A fancy bank vault - where - as far as I know - I have exactly zero dollars. My valuables are my family and they would not be happy in a vault - and I would not be happy with them in a vault, either.
And of course last and perhaps least - the final resting vault.